Monday, January 24, 2011

Torn: A Weigh-in Tale

291...no reason to hold off on the number...It's more than last week and while I take responsibility for it, I do not completely own it because of illness last week and a physical inability to be as active as I needed to be....but mostly it's my fault. Could I be anymore contradictory? Basically..I know it's my fault, but I am trying to underhandedly give myself a pass. Did ya catch that? I know you did. You are smart people.

I got Laura's number this week....anybody else??? Even if you haven't followed my challenge exactly...this is about support, yo. Don't make me give my hero award away so easily. So chime in...where are you? What are your obstacles? Motivation is a big one for me lately. I need to be in control of what is going on with me again and I feel so OUT OF CONTROL.

Did I mention that I have made a commitment to run the Susan G Komen Race for the Cure here in St. Louis on June 11, 2011. What was I thinking? I was thinking that I was doing really well and it was all well within my reach. and it was...and it can be again. This is what is soo hard about this....it requires follow through, it requires determination, and I have that...well...I can have that...I want that.

Life is what you make it. So..........

2 comments:

  1. One of the things I learned in my fitness class is to make SMART goals. Goals that are Specific, Measurable, Achievable, Reward yourself along the way, and Time-defined.

    I have a long term goal that I break into smaller goals with deliberate rewards. It's a hard struggle but one you take day by day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel pretty damned out of control, too. =S But, I digress. No passes for either of us, we'll just have to get back on the horse and keep on going.

    By the way.. Thank you for sharing. I'm sure Adam can sympathize with you, and I know he reads my blog more now, so in a way, you supported us both. <3 You are extremely appreciated. =)

    ReplyDelete