Sunday, January 29, 2012

Crack-a-lackin'

A new week ahead, right? Let's start it off on the right foot. 

Today started off with me waking up on the couch after falling asleep watching The E True Hollywood Story on The Kardashians.  If you're friends with me on Facebook, this just goes to further prove the intensity of my boredom last night.  If you're not friends with me on Facebook...why not?  heh?

Anyway, back to the couch...when I woke up this morning, amazingly, I had no back pain.  This is the first time in more than a dozen Sundays that I have woken up pain free.  I am concerned about the back pain, but I have more than a sneaking suspicion that it is weight related.  When I was down about 20 lbs more than I am now, I experienced pain less often than now. 

If you have children who can speak...I am sure that you have experienced the dreaded "I'm hungry" conversation that starts out with the statement and quickly escalates into hunger pangs so severe the kids might actually vomit if it weren't for the fact that they are scared to crack a rib from their imaginary heaving.  I don't know what it is with kids, but mine ACTUALLY believe that if the insertion of food into their pie holes does not occur immediately from the hunger declaration that I will surely be arrested for their malnutrition related deaths.

 They are 4 and 7.

 I am afraid of what the future holds.

I put them off for a minute (dangerous business, I know) and then got up and made the most amazing Whole Grain Wheat and Blueberry (Erica had banana) pancakes with Turkey Sausage Links and Sugar Free Syrup.  An outstanding 250  calories.

Workout to commence shortly.

I am wrestling with a minor/major purchase.  I am a huge proponent of the fitbit personal training device that I have had for nearly a year, I love their website where I actively log my food choices.  I love the way it tracks my calories and weight loss over time, and when I can locate it to actually use it, it really does motivate me to get moving.  The problem is that I have been unable to locate it.  I misplaced it at some point and now it has been MONTHS and I still have not run across it. 

I thought about purchasing the Bodybugg since they were on MAJOR sale at NBC.com (189.99, but they  no longer have them), I could replace my fitbit with the fitbit ultra (99.99) which now tracks stairs, or I could bite the bullet and buy the new Biggest Loser Slim Coach (129.99) which works best with a polar wearlink heart monitor (49.99 - 129.99). I'm torn.  On one hand...I love the fitbit...on the other hand, am I missing out on a waaaaay better product?  Decisions, Decisions.

Any thoughts? 

2 comments:

  1. Why not indeed I am off to join your Facebook right this minute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not only do I not have any of the products you mentioned, I have never even seen them in person, so I am no help at all! Well except to say, research, research, research...

    ReplyDelete