Sunday, February 20, 2011

Turkey Chili Recipe


You asked for it...You got it!

I make this in a 5 quart crock pot.

One 40 oz can of Brooks Mild Chili Beans
One 15 oz can of Light Red Kidney Beans (drained)
One 15 oz can of Dark Red Kidney Beans (drained)
1 can Original Rotel
1 can petite diced Tomato
1 15 oz can of Tomato Sauce
1 medium yellow onion (diced)
1 medium green pepper (diced)
1 lb Ground Turkey 85/15 (it is harder for the white meat to stay moist)
2 Tbsp garlic powder
1 Tbsp chili powder
Empty all cans into Crock Pot (on High) or Large Pot w/Lid (Low/Medium)
Add 1 TBSP chili powder and half of garlic powder
Brown Onion and Ground Turkey together in a medium skillet w/the other half of garlic powder. Once browned, drain and add to pot.
Let Simmer stirring occasionally until hot and serve!

I prefer to make this in a crock pot because I can brown the meat, onion and garlic on my food prep day and place in a Ziploc bag and have it ready. One the day I am going to eat it, I can put it all in the pot stir it up and leave on low and come home to a nice warm dinner (Yay, working moms!) The longer this dish cooks, the more the flavors meld. I don;t know why, but this chili is ALWAYS better the next day!

Through my shrewd research and calculations, I have figured that this chili has approx 224 calories per cup and about 4 grams of fat. Enjoy! (I know I did)

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing! Can't wait to make it.
    Melissa

    ReplyDelete