Friday, December 9, 2011

Best Laid Plans

I have already lost 4.8 lbs this week.  This proves the importance of water once again.  While I have been making better choices this week, I have had little if no increase in activity, so this only goes to show that people are not wrong when they say SODA IS BAD!  Remember when I once said "SAY NODA SODA"?  It's a for real thing...bad, Bad, BAD!  If replacing the minimal amount of soda (1 can of diet per day for 4 days) with water can make a nearly 5lb difference, then why ever drink it? 

I am a tea lover anyway, so it's really not that big of a deal.  It's not like it's leaving a void or anything.

Guess what else?  Yours truly applied to community college today!  Surprise, Surprise!  I am just so at a loss about why I haven't even gotten a phone call with regards to a job.  My resume has been revamped several times, so what gives?  I figure the only possible explanation at this point is that the job market is sooo bad that I must have a degree to get anything. Another issue, of course, is that I received a letter from the Division of Employment Security that advised me that they are doing a phase out of the Federal Unemployment Extensions and as a result, I will not receive anymore unemployment payments after my tier runs out.  I would RATHER have a JOB any day so that I can support my family, but after 22 years of working without a gap in employment...thanks for nothing.  Anyway...I am hoping to eventually pursue a degree in Clinical or Forensic Psychology.  I am so psychologically screwed up that I might as well go a little "Physician heal thyself"!

Questions were asked about my family situation namely with my sister, so I am going to address them. (Part of the No Comment Left Behind Act of 2011)

First of all...my sister is NOT the person who was trying to censor me.  It was actually someone who felt that I was painting them in a poor light.  I STILL and VEHEMENTLY disagree, but I do not wish to estrange anymore family so I will not mention them by name.  The truth of it is that I wanted this blog to be about honesty.  Me, on my terms, truthful with everything...how I got here, how I deal with it, and what things draw me back into unhealthy living.  Sometimes those things and feelings that draw me in are activated by actions of other people.  I am not saying that it is their fault that I  make poor choices or that I blame them for the choices I made.  I am just acknowledging that sometimes someone else's actions can cramp your style and trigger an unhealthy emotional response.  Said person was unhappy with my acknowledgement of behavior and became angry and told me to never mention them again, to which I replied...if you are unhappy with how you are painted with the brush of truth, perhaps you should think about your actions.  I never thought in a million years that anything I said here would hurt anyone's feelings or cause a problem in relationships, but what do I know?  I am going to say what I want and if you have an issue...take my bloggity addy out of your address bar...right?

My sister is another issue altogether.  I am not going to put HER business out there, but she is mad at me over my decision to stop keeping my mouth shut about injustices that I witness.  It came to verbal blows where very hurtful things were said on both sides, she decided that she wants me out of her life.  To be clear, it was her decision, I am open and willing to move past it, but I will never be what she wants me to be and that is SILENT.   One day...or not...her call.  She's my sister.  I love her and ONLY want the best for her.

In case you were wondering...I have not given up my goal of going to Fat Camp.  As a matter of fact, I am pursuing this dream by entering a contest being held by Biggest Loser Resort at Fitness Ridge.  If you are interested in entering "LIKE" them on Facebook and follow the link on the left for information on how to enter, rules, and regulations.  I am not affiliated in anyway with Biggest Loser Resort at Fitness Ridge or Facebook...although I 'd be more than happy to be affiliated with them for a sizable paycheck. ;P

1 comment:

  1. Yay for clinical psychology! That's me all the way! And I have deeefinitely started to remember the power of water. Not only is it taking these new pregnancy headaches I've been getting away, it also has me down from my big ass gain of 276 to 270 in a couple of days. Woo!

    We can do this! I still think we're probably related somehow.

    ReplyDelete