Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Tuesday, Tuna Salad, and Charlie Sheen

My husband offered me a bet...but we'll get to that.

Last night, I hit up the Subway for dinner.  6 in. Steak and Cheese with peppers and onions.  Thanks to fitbit, I know that I still ended the night with a 1600 calorie deficit.  SWEET!  Steps ended over 5k, but I needed double that. 

My trip to the Farmer's Market yesterday was a smashing success.  Tons of awesome fruits and veggies for about $25!!!    I am most excited about the humongoid mushrooms that I picked up.  I love, love, love mushrooms! Trying to think of all the ways to add this fresh, delicious goodness to our diets on the downlow in some cases. My hubby will eat whatever I put in front of him, but I have the obvious kid issues.  You know, they eat onions, mushrooms, green peppers, etc.  until they see them.  I got my youngest good today.  I made what I am calling Veggie Scramble.  I cubed potatoes and pan cooked them with non-stick cooking spray, while I added onions, green peppers, mushrooms, and tomatoes to my chopper until they were mush.  I beat eggs for scrambling then added the mush and mixed well.  Once the potatoes were soft, I added the mixture and cooked as I would scrambled eggs.  When they started to stiffen, I added a handful of cheddar cheese.  The color was just a little off, but Erica did not notice.  The flavor and texture was fabulous!

Today I am planning on making a tuna salad for dinner.  I will need to sneak in some carrots, celery and maybe some cukes.  This is dangerous territory because in my house, tuna salad is like the holy grail.  It is a fine art.  This is one of the only things that concerns me with my husband.  Messing with Tuna Salad may be a punishable infraction  ;)!

I think I am going to do a Yoga video today.  I need to treadmill, but I am super tired today.  I stayed up waaay to late (like after 1:30 am) watching the trainwreck that is Charlie Sheen.  Well, the Charlie Sheen Roast that is...  WOW.  I saw Mike Tyson on Same Name a few months ago.  You could really see a change in him, I almost felt bad laughing my butt off at the way he clapped like a seal at like EVERY joke.  It was funny, but in a lot of ways it was sad.  Charlie looked old, as he should, I suppose...living that hardcore.  I know that America loves an underdog, but what happened to a legitimate underdog, not a guy who hurt himself repeatedly supposedly past the point of recovery.  Oddly enough, I feel like The Roast of Charlie Sheen is a masked attempt at making people think that he has done something to recover and the fact that he is being featured is his engineered "comeback".  So...why am I talking about Charlie Sheen?  Because if he can "comback" then losing 100lbs should be a walk in the park. (literally)

Now about the bet...

I stayed up so late last night that my hubby joked that I would never get up this morning.  He said I bet you end up having to drive Autumn to school today.  I, being a champion of little sleep, took the terms of that bet.  The winner receives $100 to do with as they pleased.   No issue.  I set my alarm and snuggled in for abbreviated rest.  I woke up on my own, looked out the window, sun shining and super foggy.  I laid back down and as soon as my head hit the pillow, I shot up with a "son of a".  The time on the clock reinforced his doubts in me as the sound of the school bus passing could be heard as I woke my daughter up.  I can not believe this happened.  I run her off to school, comeback, make breakfast.  Sit down to write this blog and hubby decides that he wants to gloat.  He gloats right up until the point that he admits he shut off my alarm clock and cellphone alarms as I was sleeping. 

Any guesses on where he can find his hundred bucks?  

No comments:

Post a Comment