Sunday, August 23, 2009

A Mixed Bag

This week has been a rough one. It has been hard for me to type this week due to almost slicing my finger tip clean off. All appears to be healing well and there really doesn't seem to be too much trouble from it going forward so I am ready to get right back to it.

First things first...It may have taken a while to get going, but keeping in mind that I am beginning the medically supervised phase of my journey, I am pleased to announce that I have lost 9 lbs. on my own. This is a definite good.

More good news...I am working towards my goal of being more active...my Dr. has ordered me to cease and desist all cardio excercise for two weeks to spend time focusing on strength and resistance training. It is her advice that more muscle helps you burn fat and therefore I need to focus on that to assist me in moving forward. In two weeks, I move into alternate cardio/resistance schedules 5 times a week 30 minutes at a time. No big whoop! Well, I am trying to figure out where I am going to get 30 minutes that are helpful to me. I am up at 3:45 am everyday to get myself and the kids ready, but who knows...I guess I will try to do it in the morning and if not than I will have to push it out at night, right? We'll see! I am determined to be successful.

Tuesday marks my sixth non-smoking week! Things are unbelievably better for me. More energy, sleeping better, no coughing, people are commenting on how much healthier I look. My shower/car singing has improved. I can sing MUCH louder and hold a note MUCH longer...(this is not necessarily a positive) I am not thinking about it much at all. I really only think about it to check another day down off my mental chart. I am proud of myself.

While I wait for Tuesday, I am warning everyone that Monday is going to be a little hairy for me. My Dr. has put me back on the Phentermine to assist in losing weight. From being on it before, it works like a freaking charm, but then I gain all the weight back. However, the goal is to be more active, remember? So, I am hoping that this will make a difference this time. In my first round of meds the last time, I lost 14lbs in 1 month. I am hoping that this is a possibility again. My personal plans are to stay on it for 3 months. I may be able to be down to around 250 by Christmas, so we will see! Anyone who can remember knows that the Phentermine makes me CRAZY. It boosts my energy and curbs my appetite, but it also makes me extremely irritable.

There is so much more to tell and I am EXTREMELY TIRED!!! I will fill you in on the rest later!

The goal is to be more active!

1 comment:

  1. I am SOOOOOO proud of you...you have REAl determination! you WILL be at or below 250 by xmas!..Great on the not smoking thing! You are one strong cookie, handling both deitng and not smoking at the same time! If anyone can do it, You can!!!You go girl!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete