Monday, September 27, 2010

Life Gets In The Way

Blogging is so cathartic for me. If I have said it once, I have said it a million times, one of the reasons I do it is to give me something to go back to when I need it the most. This week, I have needed it.

This year is over 3/4ths completed and while it has been rough, it seems to be improving. We have moved into a new home, continue to survive a job loss, started a new business, and I have embarked on my journey. Truth be told, things are always changing, but for once they seem to be going in the right direction.

Turns out that maybe my trainer knows what she is talking about after all my eruptive anger over not getting my way and then exerting my will by refusing to weigh in, I only lost 1lb over two weeks. It was definitely a hard pill to swallow, but it has renewed me in a very important way. It reminds me that all the anger and my attitudes came from me to get me where I am today and that is why I need to be conscious of changing more than just my food and my activity. It is a total transformation. The good news...I am up for the challenge.

I have been really bad about getting in all of my activity this last week because life is getting in the way big time. My husband, in theory, is working three jobs. It's really no more money, but it requires more of his time and more of the time that he gave back to me 6 weeks ago, so while I can still do the trainer it has put a severe cramp on my extra gym time. I have some equipment to be able to do what needs to be done at home...so the next step is just to do it and take back my original drive.

I think the main thing that I am learning in all of this that it may have seemed easy at first because it was new and the results were exciting. I was taking it for granted that it would just get easier and easier. It isn't always easy, but it is possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment