Saturday, July 31, 2010

Shape Up Or Ship Out

My brand new scale is broken.

Well, maybe not broken, but the batteries are definitely ALREADY dead...why include the batteries if you just want me to buy them again in a week to 10 days? I would have gladly done it up front and be in a WAY better mood today.

I guess this might be a blessing in disguise because it is impossible to update you on my weight loss. AHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHA (that is my evil laugh, btw)

I have taken strides this week to lose weight. To be clear, I have made strides this week to assist me in losing weight that have make noticable differences.

Since I am lucky enough to have a pool, I have been spending lots of time in the pool walking laps, swimming, and working out with the kettlebells. At this weight it is very different to work out. Even low impact excercise is very hard on the joints. Jim thinks that working out in the pool is effortless, but it's not...I may not sweat, but I feel the burn, I get the same shortness of breath that I get from working out inside.

Thursday night we were in the pool together and I was using the kettlebells and he started to notice that my arms are getting definition to them. You can see my muscles working under the surface of my skin and my upper arms are getting smaller.

I also invested (and I use that word tongue in cheek) in The new Skecher's Shape Ups, you know the tennis shoes that help tone your legs, glutes, improves your posture, and are easier on your joints.

It may be a gimmick, but lots of people say they work. I guess I will report on my journey.

My dad, stepmom, and neice are coming in for the weekend. I am excited to see them. My sisters will be spending a lot of time here, so I am trying to make some good grocery decisions and eat healthy. My dad is a diabetic, same as me. It's important for me to eat healthy, but it's also important to me that if I am going to feed him then he is going to eat healthy here. I know my step mom tries to get him to do the right things, but he's hard headed. Hmmm...is that where I get that from?

My dad has diabetes, yes, but he is not fat. He doesn't take care of himself, his bloodsugars are through the roof! I have had conversations with him in regards to taking his medications and such and he says they make him fat and he would rather be dead than fat.

Yeah...I think that I would rather hear some freak of nature stranger call me a cow in a public arena on mic during a concert than have my own father tell me that he would rather be dead than fat.

I do not want to be fat, but I am glad to be alive. If I was unable to lose weight, I would still be happy to be alive.

The goal is to be happy and keep heading in the right direction.

What are your goals? Share them with me, I would love to discuss them!

1 comment:

  1. Good for you!!! Exercising in a pool is so not low impact and easy!! I feel in my knees and muscles and I get short of breath as well. It is better than out of the water however. Tell Jim that my doctor suggested the water aerobics and laps due to the lower impact. Not NO impact just lower. Hang in there, you WILL accomplish your goals!! Hope you continue to blog, I love reading anything you write!

    ReplyDelete