Wednesday, October 12, 2016

Save The Date

October 26, 2016


This is officially the date that I will undergo the surgery that I pray will be the tool that helps me to change my life.


I get a lot of questions about the procedure I am having, so click the link to find out all about Laparoscopic Sleeve Gastrectomy.  The link takes you directly to my surgeon's website.


This date is tentative pending the cooperation of my physician's office getting their crap together and faxing over a medical clearance for surgery.  A document that should be no problem, but thanks to a certain Medical Assistant in my primary's office it may take an act of God, but I digress.  Only good thoughts, right?


I officially start the process on the 21st, starting a 5 day full liquid diet.  My heart is thinking about starting it on the 17th.  I know that when it is all said and done I'll be OVER the whole liquid diet thing soon enough.


I have an amazing support system and I am so grateful for them all.  I also have some conscientious objectors.  People who like or love me that are concerned about what is going to happen.  People who are basing their opinions on what happened to so and so's cousin when they had surgery 15 years ago.  This is not your mama's gastric bypass surgery or "stomach stapling".  I fully believe through the research that I have done that this is a safer option than the actual bypass surgery which was available 20 years ago.  Not just from a surgical, but from a quality of life standpoint.


Regardless, this leg of the journey is just about to begin...



2 comments:

  1. I faced opinions from a couple random folks whose thoughts were based on similar, random people. I suppose that happens when you're honest about what's happening in your life.
    It hasn't been an easy journey for me so far, but I'm improving a bit everyday. I wish you the very best on your journey too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, Oct 26, that's soon, that's great! I'm so excited for you to move onto this next step in your life! You are right, you will be over the liquid diet thing soon enough, mind over matter and all that!
    I know you will do this anyway, but if I could offer 1 piece of advice it would be to follow all instructions to a "T". My 83 yo dad just underwent major surgery and he is recovering very nicely. Every medical professional we have seen since his surgery has said the reason he is doing so well is because he has followed all instruction, pre and post surgery so well.
    I look forward to hearing about how you are doing, and I look forward to cheering you on as you become the healthy person you deserve to be!

    ReplyDelete